Select the option below that best explains your housing situation.

If you have already been evicted

You need to speak to an attorney who can help file an Illegal Lockout Petition.

Call 311 9am-5pm and ask for the “Tenant Helpline” or visit

If you're experiencing harassment or threats from your landlord, management company, or someone in your building

You can sue your landlord for harassment through an Emergency HP Action proceeding.

Start your case at

If you've received a legal notice

Save all communication from your landlord and management company, and note carefully how you received them. Then talk to a lawyer.

Call 311 9am-5pm and ask for the “Tenant Helpline” or visit


To learn about tenant rights and the current state of evictions

Call the Met Council on Housing Tenant’s Rights Hotline at 212-979-0611 or visit

To learn about organizing with your neighbors

You can reach out to a local tenant union for advice and support. Check to see what tenant unions exist in your neighborhood below in the map below:



Legal Referrals

311 Housing Help Line, 9am-5pm

Met Council on Housing
Tenant’s Rights Hotline: 212-979-0611

Legal Aid Society
(718) 722 3100; 1 (888) 663 6880

Online filing

Tenant Unions

Crown Heights Tenant Union
General Meetings, Thursdays 6pm

Bedstuy Tenant Union

Sunset Park Tenants Union

Flatbush Tenant Coalition
(718) 635 2623

Parkside Ave Residents Association

Full Time Tenants Union (Bushwick)

Southwest Brooklyn Tenant Union

Harassment Defense

Contact your local tenant union

Adult Protective Services
To report adult abuse, call (within New York State only): 1-844-697-3505 between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Emergency Repairs

Call 311: An operator will help you
311 App

Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)

Call the Customer Contact Center to schedule a repair
(718) 707 7771

Mutual Aid groups



Vol. 1

Vol. 2

Vol. 3

Disclaimer: The content and information on this website are for informational and educational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. You should contact an attorney for advice about your particular situation. Use of this website and its content, does not create an attorney client relationship and information submitted via this website is not protected.